- On-site contact Friday & Saturday: Jillian Schranz, Event 360, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not On Site: Katie Zupancic Wymer, Event 360, email@example.com
FIVE START LINES ACROSS METRO DENVER FOR THE FIRST 5X5K FOR GOOD RUNNING EVENT
100% of Funds Raised by Event Participants Go Directly to Four Local Nonprofits: National Alliance on Mental Illness — Colorado, Shatterproof, Susan G. Komen Colorado, and ZERO — The End of Prostate Cancer
Event 360 is launching the 5x5K FOR GOOD Denver, the first event in its Events FOR GOOD series. Participants will have 24 hours from 7:00 p.m. on Friday, October 16, to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 17, to complete five 5K courses across Metro Denver. Participants will choose the order and timing of the five courses, minimizing the number of people at each course at any given time. Each course will have a physical start line and a staff member assisting with a contactless check-in process.
The start and finish lines for each course are as follows:
- Elitch Gardens (VIP Lot at Ticket Booth), 2000 Elitch Circle, Denver 80204 (closed 10 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- Carpenter Park (West Lot), Thorton Ball Fields Parking Lot Rd, Thornton 80233 (closed 10 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- Clement Park, 7306 W. Bowles Ave, Littleton 80123 (closed 10 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- Utah Park,1725 S. Troy St, Aurora 80012 (closed 10 p.m. – 5 a.m.)
- PACE Center, 20000 Pikes Peak Ave, Parker 80138 (open 24 hours)
“While we may not be able to gather in large groups at a traditional 5K running event, this contactless, app-guided event design – with five 5K courses that can be completed during a 24-hour period in any order – allows our participants to safely experience the thrill of a live event.” said Tim Brockman, President of Event 360. “We’re proud to support our community of participants taking on the same challenge on the same day – something unique in the landscape of 2020 – while also doing GOOD and supporting our local charity partners.”
Mitch Kusick, Board Member, NAMI Colorado, shared, “Here at NAMI Colorado, we see the 5x5K as a great way for people to participate in an innovative event safely and to promote awareness of a cause by fundraising. Each dollar raised for NAMI Colorado goes directly toward building a community of recovery and hope for individuals affected by mental illness and their families.”
Registration is now open at https://5x5k.eventsforgood.com/about/event-info. New registrants can save $5 with code NEWS.
- Friday, October 16 at 7:00 p.m. to Saturday, October 17 at 7:00 p.m.
- Live shots available during daylight hours.
- Spokespeople available for interviews during full 24-hour window with advance notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start/Finish Line – Each site has a start/finish line arch with banner near a check-in zone.
- Spokesperson Interviews: With advance notice, interview opportunities available with Event 360 staff members and/or charity partner representatives.
- Five 5K courses across Denver to be completed in any order during a 24-hour period
- Mobile phone check-in and check-out of courses – no check-in lines
- Capacity restrictions at the start/finish lines and on the courses
- Frequent sanitizing of start/finish line area
- Temperature checks and COVID-19 questionnaires for staff members
- Participants must wear a face covering in the start/finish area and stay 6 feet away from other participants, unless they are members of the same household
- Turn-by-turn course directions provided to the participant’s phone via app
- Online registration only – no onsite registration
About Event 360
Event 360 is an experienced event management team offering a full range of services, including event production, social impact, fundraising technology, site logistics, communication strategies and customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with team members and partners working nationwide, Event 360 achieves success for its clients using peer-to-peer fundraising and unique events. Since 2003, Event 360’s experienced team of event management specialists have successfully produced hundreds of events, which have raised nearly $1 billion dollars toward their clients’ missions. Learn more at www.event360.com.